Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fat Tuesdays: Because One Isn't Enough- Fish Tacos

As my friends from this weekend know, I have had a strange affinity for fish tacos lately. There's something in the air that is making me crave delicious fish inside a flour shell with whatever that tasty sauce is dripping all down my hand. I feel like I'm five again with the mess I made. Then again I almost always make a mess eating.

So, nothing better than trying to recreate the dish that made my fingers tingle with excitement.

Unfortunately, I didn't have all the supplies to make a true fish taco, so I opted for the old empty-the-fridge tactic to create a scrumptious dinner.


That's tilapia, cilantro, green onions, and green peppers. And it smells as good as it looks. 


I had wine. I've heard it prevents cancer.... or something. 


I also put some BBQ sauce on in lieu of the actual sauce you're supposed to use. 


Mmmm....

It was a bit unconventional, but it sure tasted delicious. I threw in a little tomato and a little cheese too and voila, a fish taco! 

Ingredients:
Tilapia Fillet- frozen food section at Meijer
Small pile of green onions
One side of a green pepper
Small handful of fresh cilantro
A few grates of cheddar cheese
3 flour tortillas
Tomato to taste
BBQ Sauce to taste

Cook em all up and put em in the tortilla! 

No comments:

Post a Comment